This morning I listened to the Kinks'
Low Budget (I think for only the second time), and I noticed some things.
"Catch Me Now I'm Falling"
In order to musically represent the falling, there are some "down"s and "falling"s sung with descending melismatic phrases.
There's also a lyrical mirroring in the song's structure. Twice, after the line "you've gone out of town," there's a guitar solo instead of more lyrics right away, which helps to demonstrate that absence and lack of communication.
"Public Health"
Instead being pronounced with the single syllable, the "strain" in the line "Cos' it [exercise] relieves the strain" is sung to four (with the notes B, A, F#, E). There's a looseness with which it's sung (as opposed to spoken), which recalls and emphasizes the earlier lines "Loosen up your muscles / And feel the knots in your body untie."
"Moving Pictures"
After four measures of drums, there's a guitar figure that repeats, lasting nine measures. After the line "Nothin' in life is a permanent fixture," that figure is raised a whole step (instead of C, G, A, C, it's D, A. C. D). To some degree, that recurring figure's changing reflects the line it follows. While it's just a transposition rather than a melodic alteration (so it retains some semblance of what it was), it does also seem to represent the "moving" in "Moving Pictures."