Every other year, I listen to all of the music in my collection. Often, I discover new things about music I'm familiar with or learn new things about songs I'm not as familiar with. This is where I'll be documenting that.
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Peter & Gordon's "Jokers"
An-other thing I noticed when I listened to a Peter & Gordon compilation album yester-day was some wordplay in "Jokers." In the last verse, there are the lines "we know / That once they leave the pack / The jokers can't come back." "Pack" has a dual meaning here. There's pack in the sense of a group of people, but there's also pack in the sense of a pack of playing cards, which jokers are a part of. The playing card sense seems to be the primary one here because a later line is "their place will be taken by the jack."
Labels:
Jokers,
Peter & Gordon