Every other year, I listen to all of the music in my collection. Often, I discover new things about music I'm familiar with or learn new things about songs I'm not as familiar with. This is where I'll be documenting that.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Badfinger's No Dice
I recently listened to Badfinger's No Dice twice (on Sunday and again this morning). I have two copies, and the bonus tracks are different, so I listened to both. The first time I listened to it, I noticed that a number of the songs mention giving and taking in the same line, so when I listened to the album a second time, I made notes of these. There are three. "Blodwyn" has the line "And say you'll take from me what I will give to you;" "Better Days" has the line "You give all you want, but you take away what's mine;" and "We're for the Dark" has the line "If you're gonna take, then you have to give." Each of these instances doesn't seem to have any connection to the others, but giving and taking are certainly recurring actions on the album.
Labels:
Badfinger,
Better Days,
Blodwyn,
No Dice,
We're for the Dark