This morning I listened to the Yardbirds' Roger the Engineer, and I noticed something about the melody in "He's Always There." The first two lines of the "I'd like to get to know you, sure..." section have the same melody except for the last note. They're both E G B A G A B, but the first (and third) line ends with an E note where the second line ends with a D. For the second line, the melody goes higher, which musically represents the "one step more" mentioned in the line itself ("And take this thing just one step more").
The other instruments sort of underline this representation too. For that section, the bass plays the same notes that are sung, and the guitar part plays the last three, adding further emphasis. For the first (and third) line, it's A B E, but for the second, it's A B D.