The first album I started listening to this year is a compilation album of the Apples in Stereo titled #1 Hits Explosion. I think “Strawberryfire” (originally from Her Wallpaper Reverie) takes a few elements from the Beatles’ “Strawberry Fields Forever.” Obviously, both have “strawberry” in the titles (and in the lyrics), but they also share a musical element. I’m not entirely sure how to describe it, but I think it’s some type of backwards percussion that generations a swooshing sound. In “Strawberryfire,” it’s pretty noticeable after the second chorus (”Took a trip on a stereo song...”), at about 2:40. I skipped around a bit in “Strawberry Fields Forever” to find the same effect, and - while there might be an earlier instance - it’s quite noticeable during “I mean it must be high or low” at about 1:27.
Originally, I was just going to write about how “Took a trip on a stereo song” is an appropriate lyric for a band with “stereo” in its name, but then I found that percussion thing, which I think is more interesting.