The whole song up to that point is the singer/speaker trying to "find you somehow" and "return again to you." Because the last verse has echoing sort of backing vocals ("echoing" in the sense that they repeat some of the lyrics from the "proper" verse), it seems to imply that the speaker/singer is getting close, which the lyrics themselves describe too:
Yes, I know it's gonna happenThe backing vocals are:
I can feel you getting near
And soon we'll be returning to the fountain of our youth
And if you wake up wond'ring
In the darkness I'll be there
My arms will close around you and protect you with the truth
Know it's gonna happen
Feel you getting near
If you wake up wond'ringWhere those first four lines echo the lead vocals, the last ("Protect you with the truth") is sung simultaneously, achieved a double-tracked effect. There's a progression in the last verse from the echoing backing vocals to the meeting of the two vocal tracks in last line, just like the singer/speaker has been searching for the whole time and will finally "close [his arms] around you."
You know I'll be there
Protect you with the truth